Senior Technical Program Manager
Guardian Agriculture is developing large multicopters for applying agricultural chemicals to high-value crops. Relative to existing plane- and helicopter-based crop spraying solutions, our systems radically improve precision and safety while reducing chemical use, reducing impact on pollinating insects, and minimizing opportunities for organisms to acquire chemical resistance.
Guardian is a small, multi-disciplinary team of talented engineers, technicians, and operators who prioritize high reliability product and service design over exploratory R&D. We are a hands-on team and split our time between development work, system testing, and field deployments. We value safety, thoughtful design, teamwork, and a growth mindset as we scale the organization and build an autonomous system that farmers can trust.
Do you want to make a tangible, positive, impact on the world? Would you like to get into a growing company on the ground floor and be a key player that makes a significant difference across the business? We are working with farmers to feed more people with fewer resources utilizing an electric powertrain to do so. Guardian is quickly moving into operationalizing our product and needs someone capable of supporting our rapid transition and growth of our business. If this interests you, and your skills and experiences are a good fit, let’s talk.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to lead the development and deployment of Guardian’s SC1 eVTOL aircraft. This includes working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and customers to align business priorities, customer requirements, development timeline, manufacturing requirements, and aftermarket systems into a cohesive and operationalized business and product. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring business goals, timeline and deliveries stay on track and on budget all while meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
If you are a highly motivated and results-driven individual with a passion for delivering awesome and novel products to market working from the ground up, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on our organization.
What You Will Do:
- Program Leadership
- Define and execute the overall program strategy, ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives
- Develop a detailed program plan, including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams to ensure effective collaboration and delivery of program goals
- Provide regular status updates and reports to senior management, highlighting progress, risks, and mitigation strategies
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Drive the successful launch of our eVTOL product by coordinating, aligning, and advocating for teams
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure seamless transition from prototype to production
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify product positioning and differentiation strategies.
- Aftermarket Support
- Develop and implement a comprehensive aftermarket support strategy for our eVTOL product
- Drive the definition of and establish processes for warranty management, spare parts distribution, and customer support
- Collaborate with the customer support to ensure customer satisfaction
- Stakeholder Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and regulatory authorities
- Act as the primary point of contact for external partners and coordinate collaborative efforts
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to manage expectations and resolve conflicts
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in project management, preferably in fleet robotics, farm tech, electric vehicle, or aerospace sectors
- Demonstrated success in bringing new products to market, preferably in a hardware-focused environment
- Proven track record of managing complex projects and cross-functional teams
- Experience in a young tech startup or similar fast-paced environment requiring an aftermarket strategy and support is highly desirable
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders
- Business Acumen:
- Solid understanding of business operations and the ability to align program goals with overall company objectives
- Analytical mindset with the ability to gather and interpret data to drive informed decision-making
- Desire to learn and innovate while solving complex problems
- Strong personal motivation to deliver solutions that work when deployed in the real world
- Ability to balance forward-thinking implementation choices with delivering solutions that meet immediate business needs
Competitive salary, stock options, free company lunch every day, solid benefits (health, vision, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401k), great coworkers, and the opportunity to build and use many large flying things.