Draftsman Solidworks Drafter
Electromechanical Drafter Draftsman Draughtsman
Guardian Agriculture is developing large multicopters for applying agricultural chemicals to high-value crops. Relative to existing plane- and helicopter-based crop spraying solutions, our systems radically improve precision and safety while reducing chemical use, reducing impact on pollinating insects, and minimizing opportunities for organisms to acquire chemical resistance.
Guardian is a small, multi-disciplinary team of talented engineers, technicians, and operators who prioritize high reliability product and service design over exploratory R&D. We are a hands-on team and split our time between development work, system testing, and field deployments. We value safety, thoughtful design, teamwork, and a growth mindset as we scale the organization and build an autonomous system that farmers can trust.
As a growing company we are developing a more robust CAD environment and release process. This role will require breaking ground and developing, then maintaining and populating an infrastructure for CAD release and organization using Onshape, a 3D CAD Software & Product Development Platform (PDM) and Arena's product lifecycle management (PLM) software.
We are looking for an experienced CAD Designer who would like to setup and maintain Onshape PDM for a small team.
Guardian has an extremely well-equipped fabrication facility with prototyping and production happening in house. Multi-disciplinary interaction is common and encouraged between engineering, prototyping, the build team, and manufacturing.
What You Will Do:
- Setup and maintain Onshape PDM for a small 5–7-person team.
- Manage Arena PLM integration.
- Facilitate technical support for all CAD users.
- Use your creativity to build and deliver CAD and PLM training content in engaging and modern ways.
- Work directly with design engineers to produce models from sketches, verbal communication, and pictures.
- Import and/or create 3D geometry for off-the-shelf parts using best practices.
- Create detailed assembly and component drawings for manufacturing using industry standards, best practices, and GD&T
- Interact with engineering team to determine appropriate tolerances and fitment classes.
- Finalize products for manufacturing and release new designs and changes through a formal ECO process within the PDM system.
- Create DXFs and STL files for fabrication teams.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- 5+ years of experience with Onshape/Solidworks.
- Associate degree or a 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience setting up and utilizing Product Data Management (PDM).
- The ability to interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and data integrity
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to propose design improvements.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with composites modeling, weldments, sheet metal design
- Previous experience with Onshape is ideal but not necessary.
- DFM basic 3D parts for various types of manufacturing
- Hands on fabrication experience, machining, welding, assembly, etc.
- Experience with 3D printers and CNC laser cutters
- Experience with different types of manufacturing (machining, welding, thermoforming, 3D printing)
Flexible time off, competitive salary, stock options, free company lunch every day, comprehensive benefits package, an extremely well-equipped fabrication shop, and the opportunity to build and use play with flying machines that will have an environmental impact.